(No no, there are no Playboy Bunnies in Beijing (yet) though the girls were euh… no comments, look for yourself. Blame it all on The Year of The Rabbit!)
On 12 January we had the real pleasure to be part of the audience at the new BTV tower for the recording of the Spring Festival Global Gala. It will be broadcast worldwide during the period of the upcoming Chinese New Year. I was at the BTV construction site for a TV interview many years ago. It is actually the highest steel construction in Beijing.
The show was great, unlike other rather boring events. Most of the performers were foreigners but they made me feel pretty humble as nearly all spoke Chinese fluently.
See here part of the list of people involved:
– One of the hosts was David Wu (USA overseas Chinese), who was a MTV host for a long time.
– Miss Sierra Leone 2009 Mariatu Kargbo (stunning beauty really) – fluent in Chinese
– Connie Talbot – 10 years old, from UK
– Samatha Pryce (Welsh, living in Beijing)
– Lilian Okoye – from USA, won a competition in Chinese proficiency
– Jin Meier (South Korea)
– Flameco dancing by the group of Cristina Hoyos Panadero
– Waka Waka performed by Mariatu Kargbo
– Robert Wells with his Swedish rock band and The Vocalettes
– Ana Rucner, cello – from Zagreb (Croatia)
– The Chooky Dancers, Australian traditional group, they gave a great and hilarious performance
– Lara Fabian, from Belgium (and pretty famous in Canada and USA), sung a duet with Shang Wenjie
– LaGaylia Frazier
and many others…
So people, watch out for the program next month and enjoy!